On an average, we get bored for at least a couple of hours during the day. Even though we work, eat, sleep, and socialize within the 24-hour slot, it’s quite surprising that we sometimes wonder how to spend our time. While you might think that watching a few episodes on Netflix or playing Fortnight will help you kill your time, you sometimes become bored with these common boredom-busters.
This is when you need to read a few interesting facts that will not just increase your knowledge, but also get the gears of your mind turning. So, without delay, let’s jump into talking about the 25+ facts that you probably didn’t know about.
The Human Body
Think you know your own body? Here are a few facts that may make you doubt yourself.
- Ever tried licking your elbow? Try it, and you’ll find out it is physically impossible to do!
- An average, healthy heart pumps over 100,000 times in a day
- Do you see a lot of dust particles around your house? It’s probably your dead skin traveling around
- Like wearing headphones, a lot? Be warned because just wearing them for an hour can increase ear bacteria by 700x
- Organisms live on your face and feed off your dead skin
- On an average, an individual falls asleep in seven minutes
- Sneezing too hard can cause a fracture to your ribs
- Food takes approximately 12 hours to be fully digested
Science is a wonderful thing full of inventions and innovations. But did you know that there are thousands of things you still don’t know?
- There’s a town called Calama in the Atacama Desert of Chile where it has presumably never rained
- It would probably be best to change a 10-year old mattress because it weighs double to when you bought it. The reason for this increase in weight is wastage of dust mites, human and animal dandruff, dead skin, hair, pollen, dust, and perspiration!
- Most of the lipsticks you buy from stores contain fish scales
- Can you guess who invented scissors? He goes by the name of ‘Leonardo Da Vinci’!
- The earth’s surface is struck by lightning 100 times in a second
- Didn’t think a pen could kill you? Approximately 100 people die because of ballpoint chocking
- Astronauts can’t cry in space because there’s no gravity to make the tears flow
- The Genesis 1:20-22 claims that it was the chicken that came before the egg
Want to know a few more interesting facts that aren’t particular to any category? Here’s your chance.
- The average Boeing 767 aircraft is made of approximately 3,100,000 individual parts
- Almonds belong to the peach family
- The longest word that you can make on a particular row of the keyword is ‘’
- Honey is the only food that can never go bad
- While a cow can be led upstairs, it cannot be bought downstairs
- 56,00,000 people attend major league football each year
- The movie ‘Wayne’s World’ was filmed in approximately 2-weeks
- Ancient Egyptians used to sleep on pillows made with stone! Talk about comfort!
- Penguins have the ability to jump as high as 6-feet in the air
- On an average, an American drinks 600 sodas in a year
Liked these interesting facts? Have anything else to add to the list?